I have to work on a story today.
I must finish it today and yet I am compelled -- driven by forces larger than me -- to write about how much I despise Kari, the intern. I loathe her. Ever since she started working here (for the pittance of $200 a week which she can afford to do since her boyfriend is completely pussy-whipped and essentially supporting her) I have resented her presence. It's just that she is so fucking pushy. She always has the last word, or the funniest anecdote to top everyone else's. She has ingratiated herself in with the group here as though she were an actual employee -- Kari, YOU'RE JUST AN INTERN. She buddies up to all the right people. She has Tony eating out of her hand. She has David eating out of her hand. I'm not sure where Kourosh is with her. Kari has bitched to me about him, but he can pretty arrogant so I might agree with her there. Luckily, she doesn't have Alison eating out of her hand. But for some reason she is getting everything she wants. Her internship should be over soon, and now it looks like David wants to keep her on indefinetly. I hate her. I don't understand how anyone can like her. My irritation grows every day. Could it be because she sends me craigslistings of other jobs I could apply for?!?!? I know she wants my job she even told me that she thinks I should switch over to being a copyeditor -- (read: then she could move into my position). And this was all with a straight face. The nerve. She minces around with the pseudo-deference, while actually trying to undermine everyone else's competence. I've seen her directly rat out her co-workers (read: this person is not doing things MY way) and then finish off with a coy little, "could you not say that I mentioned this? I wouldn't feel comfortable with that..." YUCK - I hate hate hate her.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home