{frothy}

Passing gas and passing judgement, daily.

Tuesday, July 15, 2003

So much news, so little time.

Last week, Sam and I and Stephanie and Ziadee rented a cabin in Duncan's Mills (population 81). The town is 20 minutes closer to the ocean from Guerneville, and its on the Russian River. The cabin was cute if overly-stuffed with tchotkes. It was right on the water, there was a hot-tub on the deck, and best of all, we could bring Isaac. I wasn't sure what to expect from him as far as behavior, but he did great. He allowed himself to be coaxed into the river which we had dared not hope for. The tide was out and so the river was quite shallow even closer to the middle. Sam and Ziadee slogged out to the deeper water, and little Isaac wanted to stay with the group. He was hesitant, but then he ploughed along. When the water started to get deeper than his height, he became uncertain. But then he started paddling away. It was completely adorable. Sam called him to come out closer to her, but then I saw that he didn't have enough mass to swim with the current. She swept him up in her arms, and the little otter couldn't stop paddling his legs. It was extremely cute. For the rest of the afternoon, he stayed with me and Stephanie closer to the shoreline chasing birds. He swam all over, bounding up through the water, paddled up and down the river. He even tried to claim a little marshy island for himself and was a good sport when the soppy soil gave way beneath his feet. After that he was pooped.

Ziadee and Stephanie really like to eat. I always feel like a svelte nymph-sprite when I hang out with them.

We have awesome footage of Isaac's first swim on Stepahnie's digital camera. When I go pro. I will assuredly post it.

Well shit, I forgot all about our anniversary. Six years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home