A Conversation With a Co-Worker:
dwired: we went to a movie. first in ages and ages. i felt like i was playing hooky after working only 8 hours!
d27: you are crazy! what did you see?
dwired: based on timing -- only thing playing early -- down with love
d27: what did you think? i'm thinking its a renter.
dwired: frothy, dahling
-- My stomach sank. Did she know something? Was she about to blow the whistle on my workday slacking habits? -- but then she continued:
dwired: yep, renting is fine. but the sets and costumes are fab
Relief washed over me. My secret is safe.
Frothy is actually a perfectly legitimate adjective, I had to remind myself. That's only one of the reasons why I love the word so much. I also think "frothy" is tremendously fun to say out loud. What with the unlikely start off combination of "f" and "r", and then the rapid transition into "th-y" the tongue gets to really move around in unusual ways.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home