I am a monster.
Jesus Christ -- I just realized that I was so flattered to be linked to on Boing Boing that I completely ignored the reason.
An amazing person died today. Timothy North was a really cool human being. I spoke to him several times on the phone during the course of writing the article. He was very smart and articulate and kind. He told me all about his life, his family and friends, and his art and accomplishments. He told me what it felt like to go into the hosptial for a stomach ache, get rushed into surgery only to wake up and be told that there was nothing the doctors could do. They just sewed him back up and sent him home. He said that he was living in a cabin that was right up against a national forest and that he was walking barefoot in the grass every day. He told me that he was eating this crazy macrobiotic diet and that he thought it was doing him some good. He said he couldn't believe how weird it was to be dying. He also still really didn't believe it, though, I could tell. He has an 8-year-old daughter. His wife is very foxy. His community dearly and deeply loved him.
I went to the benefit and was impressed by how many people were there. It was a huge event.
I was too embarressed to go up and introduce myself. I wish that I had.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home