{frothy}

Passing gas and passing judgement, daily.

Tuesday, March 25, 2003

Block Buster

The next small step along my path to My Writer's Life is running live on the Wired News site today. It was very humbling because Tim North, the man who is the subject of the article, is dying of pancreatic cancer. He has a very limited time left. I wish I could do more.

Sam and I are attending the event tonight.

Yesterday, I went to the SF MOMA. The education department had arranged for me to view a video of Andreas Gursky and Peter Gallassi (the curator of the NYC MOMA) speaking last week before an audience. It was way cool to be treated like an adult with a job to do. Since the man with whom I had made my original appointment was running late, his boss, the Head of the Education Department came out, treated me to coffee and spoke with me for 20 minutes while his associates struggled to find the tape.

My only mistake was, according to Sam, that I neglected to shake hands with these people. Next time I will. The whole thing still feels like a performance. I love it that someday it won't.

I brought Sam along as my "art history consultant," but no-one even asked why she was there. She wore her new grey and white button down shirt and even though she forgot to bring any writing material, let alone some sort of bag, she looked very handsome and professional.

We really are an attractive couple. (But hopefully that was not obvious to the people at the SF MOMA -- even though each and every one of those fellows was light in his loafers.)

I feel much less angry at myself and others today. Could I possibly be feeling good and proud of myself?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home