Giving skin.
Yesterday, when I was coming home from work, I sat in the back of the bus. I hate sitting in the last few rows because all the teen-age ruffians mouthing along to their hip-hop and stinky homeless people invariably congregate there. It's so draining to not look at anyone and hold a perfectly blank expression.
There were several kids who were trying to vibe me out, so when my stop came I was relieved. I swung haughtily out of my seat and strode disdainfully to the back door. I stepped out and tripping over my own attitude, I fell through space in that slow motion way and landed face first on the sticky sidewalk intersection of Haight and Fillmore. A stinky but solicitous homeless man helped me up while all the kids on the bus snickered at me.
My left leg felt all wonky and suddenly the song "Oh! Suzanna" started playing in my head.
I had indeed, skinned my knee.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home